Hello! I want to apologize for the short break! I am traveling and have been very jet lagged. The jet lag is inconvenient but I am also finding that heavy, dead-to-the-world sleep really refreshing. Hope you have been doing well. I know many will have started their (or their kids’) summer vacation. I am in southern India for a couple of weeks. The weather has been gorgeous, cloudy with a chance of rain. I haven’t been back here for some years and while many things have changed and grown beyond recognition, somethings are still the same. Which brings me to the latest post on the gratiduu journal and 5 things I am grateful for…
- I love the way the time s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-s. It’s always earlier than you think it is. Which means there’s always time to do what you want or fit in something you want to do. It’s a lovely feeling. Instead of always thinking that I am late or oh no, I don’t have time, I look up at the clock and discover more time! It’s partly the result of being on vacation and partly an intrinsic quality of South Indian life!
- I am grateful for my parents. They are lovely people, and in addition, lively city folk who always have a plan for the day, and an extra seat at their dinner table.
- I am grateful for the feeling of peace that visiting old temples brings. There is a mix of nostalgia, a sense of security, and timelessness. ( Kind of like this quote “Everything passes, but nothing entirely goes away.” – Jenny Diski)
- I am really grateful for myself (read this post for more on that) because I can see that I am bringing a better, more aware self to the day.
- I am grateful for the humidity! My hair and my skin are loving it!
It’s always nice to get to the end of the gratitude post and discover there is more stuff that you are grateful for. Like the opportunity to travel. Kids who aren’t complaining too much. Mom’s cooking, Jasmine flowers. Rain. Constant electrical power supply. Clean water supply. Fresh coconut water. The possibility of a spa day. The brightness of the Flame of the forest flowers. The local tailor who promises to have your clothing stitched in record time. Internet connection. I can go on. What is abundantly clear is that when you start being thankful, you discover that there are a million things to be thankful for. They don’t magically appear when you are relaxed, or on vacation. Instead you just have to open you eyes and find them right where you are today.
This post is part of a gratitude journal that I maintain and update almost daily. To read the gratitude journal entries so far, click here. I am happy to be back writing here and hope to see you everyday. Have a wonderful week! – Priya Image credits/copyright: Studio Collectivitea
To subscribe to the Collectivitea blog, please add www.collectivitea.com/blog/feed to your feed reader/aggregator. (Feedly, Bloglovin etc.) To visit us and see what’s new at Collectivitea, you can find us at www.collectivitea.com. We are a blog and boutique marketplace; visit us, and you are sure to find something you love!