I hope you are enjoying your weekend. It’s been raining on and off here, and I am loving it! Today is Day 4 of the 365 Day Creativity Challenge and I have a very simple prompt for you.
Day 4 Prompt: Write out 20 things you are grateful for. Don’t think about it. Just start writing. Write in whatever order you think of.
Go For It: Still got many more things you are grateful for? Awesome! Keep going, and see if you can reach 50!
My Day 4 Prompt:
- Grateful for a roof over my head
- Grateful for my boys
- Grateful for the rest of my family
- For the lovely dinner that I just had
- Grateful for the extra hour of sleep that we are going to get tomorrow, thanks to the clocks falling back
- Wait, before that, grateful that it’s Sunday tomorrow
- Grateful for the internet
- Grateful for the rainy season that started today
- Which brings me to gratitude for running water
- And hot showers
- For television
- And TV shows that we can binge watch
- Grateful for my camera
- Grateful for the joy that photography brings me every single day
- Grateful for my laptop
- Grateful for my ability to multitask
- Grateful for book sales at the library
- Grateful that the persimmon trees in our backyard are finally wrapping up their fruit season (seriously, who can eat that much persimmon?!)
- Grateful for Collectivitea
- Grateful for you!
Have a wonderful day and I will see you tomorrow! To share what you are doing, please use the hashtag #ctea365 on social media and /or leave me a comment below. – Priya
Background: Welcome! We are now at Day 4 of the 365 Day Creativity Challenge, and I am excited and happy to have you here! I use the terms ‘creative’, ‘creativity’ or ‘creative exercise’ very loosely. While they have very specific meanings within the art or business worlds, I define it as any activity that allows us to access an inner stillness. Where the mind’s incessant chatter decreases, and for that short period of time, we are in the presence of a magnificent quietude. Where we feel joyful and recharged as if accessing a powerful, bountiful source of imagination and ideas. It makes what we do- draw, write, paint, work in a science lab, dance, sing, play music, photography etc. etc.- a spiritual experience. It has nothing to do with talent and skill level, and everything to do with joy. Whether you take part in all 365 days, or 7, 21, or 30 days, or join us when you can, I hope you will take the time to relax, slow down, and be your joyous self! Want more details? You may want to read this introduction to the 365-Day Creativity Challenge. Just as a reminder, it really helps to have a dedicated journal or notebook because you will see a continuous record of your creativity expanding and changing as you devote time to it every day. You will also be creating a year’s worth of creative work. As you work through the prompts, write down other things that strike you because you may want to revisit these ideas. Have a wonderful day and I will see you tomorrow! To share what you are doing, please use the hashtag #ctea365 on social media and /or leave me a comment below. – Priya
Subscribe to the Collectivitea newsletter and join our creative community!